The Pocklington Allotment Association Committee
Although the site is owned by the Town Council the allotments are run by an independent volunteer committee elected at the association’s annual general meeting.
Committee meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at the United Services Club at 7.30PM.
Members are always more than welcome to attend & should you wish to raise anything there is always an open session for general matters.
For what is the committee responsible?
- General Maintenance of the site
- Issuing of plots to new tenants
- Developing facilities at the allotments
- Collections of annual rents
- Monthly plot walks to ensure that all plots are kept in a satisfactory state
- Plot Inspections
We would welcome new committee members. Please have a chat with any of the committee to find out more information.
We are particularly keen on trying to develop a more social side to the allotments.